This tutorial shows how to change the default font in Word for Mac. You can also change the default font size and color.
Are you on a PC? Please see my previous tutorial “How to Change the Default Font in Microsoft Word.”
Watch all the steps shown here in real time!
Explore more than 200 writing-related software tutorials on my YouTube channel.
The images below are from Word for Microsoft 365 for Mac. The steps also apply to Word 2021 for Mac, Word 2019 for Mac, and Word 2016 for Mac.
How to Change the Default Font
- Select the Home tab in the ribbon.
- Select Normal in the Styles group if you want to change the default font for the regular body text.
Pro Tip: You can change the default font for any of the styles in this group, including headings.
- Select the Format menu.
- Select Font from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that you are in the Font tab in the Font dialog box.
- Select a new font, size, and color.
- Select the Default button.
- Select This document only or All documents based on the Normal template. If you choose all documents based on the Normal template, your new default font will appear in future documents using the regular template.
- Select the OK button.
Your changes should be applied immediately.
How to Find and Replace Text in Word for Mac