This tutorial shows how to change the font and font size of comments in Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader. These steps affect the appearance of comments and markups in the Comment pane created by the tools in the Comment toolbar.
Don’t miss the bonus tip at the end showing how to change the font style for the Add Text Comment tool and the Add Text Box tool.
Table of Contents
- How to Change the Font and Font Size of Comments
- Bonus Tip: How to Change the Font Style for the Add Text Comment Tool and Add Text Box Tool
For more information about all the tools mentioned here, please see “How to Use the Comment and Markup Tools in Adobe Acrobat.”
This tutorial’s companion video shows all the steps in real time.
Watch more than 150 other writing-related software tutorials on my YouTube channel.
The images below are from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. These steps also apply to Adobe Acrobat 2020, Adobe Acrobat 2017, and up-to-date versions of Acrobat Reader. In addition, the steps are the same for PC and Mac.
How to Change the Font and Font Size of Comments
- Select the Tools tab.
- Select the Comment button in the Tools Center.
- Select the Options menu in the Comment pane.
- Select Commenting Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select an option from the Font menu in the Preferences dialog box.
- Select an option from the Font Size menu. (You can also type a specific number into the Font Size text box.)
- Select the OK button.
The text in the Comment pane should change immediately.
Important Note: If the comment font and size don’t change immediately, you may have to select the comment or markup in the Comment pane to activate the change.
Bonus Tip: How to Change the Font Style for the Add Text Comment Tool and Add Text Box Tool
The Add Text Comment tool (A) and the Add Text Box tool (B) can be modified separately from the other comments and markup by using the Text Properties button (C) at the end of the Comment toolbar.
- Select the text created by the Add Text Comment tool or Add Text Box tool.
- Select the Text Properties button.
- Make the necessary changes in the drop-down menu.