This tutorial explains how to use Full Screen mode in Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader. Full Screen mode shows the PDF without the user interface. Therefore, it is convenient for giving presentations.
First, we are going to turn on Full Screen mode for an open PDF (Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader). Then, we are going to set a PDF to open directly in Full Screen mode starting at a specific page number (Adobe Acrobat only).
Table of Contents:
- How to Turn On Full Screen Mode (Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader)
- How to Set a PDF to Open Directly in Full Screen Mode (Adobe Acrobat Only)
Watch all the steps shown here in real time!
Explore more than 150 writing-related software tutorials on my YouTube channel.
The images below are from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. These steps also apply to Adobe Acrobat 2020 and Adobe Acrobat 2017. In addition, the process is the same for PC and Mac.
How to Turn On Full Screen Mode (Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat Reader)
- Select the View menu.
- Select Full Screen Mode from the drop-down menu.
Your PDF should open in Full Screen mode immediately.
You can use your mouse, trackpad, or the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate through the pages.
Here are some additional keyboard shortcuts:
- Zoom In: Ctrl + = (PC) Command + = (Mac)
- Zoom Out: Ctrl + – (PC) Command + – (Mac)
- Exit: Esc or Ctrl + L (PC) or Command + L (Mac)
How to Set a PDF to Open Directly in Full Screen Mode (Adobe Acrobat Only)
If you are giving a presentation, you may want to open your PDF directly in Full Screen mode.
- Select the File menu.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Initial View tab in the Document Properties dialog box.
- (Optional) Enter the page number you want to start with in the Open to page text box. (The default is to open to the first page.)
- Select the Open in Full Screen mode option.
- Select the OK button.
- Save and reopen the PDF.
- When the PDF reopens, select Remember my choice for this document in the Full Screen alert box.
- Select the Yes button.
The PDF will open in Full Screen mode.
When you reopen the PDF later, it should open directly in Full Screen mode without showing the alert box. Therefore, you can give your presentation without the audience seeing the Acrobat interface.
Updated November 13, 2022